PTA Annual Events
Highland Mill Montessori hosts many special events throughout the school year. The ones listed below are sponsored in part by the PTA.
- Impact Drive: Our biggest fundraising event of the year – no gimmicks, no selling wrapping paper! We just ask HMM families to support their students by donating to the PTA efforts, and spreading the word to others in our community that would care to donate. The money raised goes straight into our classrooms in the form of Classroom Supplements. It also funds special events, staff and faculty appreciation and HMM community gatherings throughout the year.
- Family Appreciation Breakfast: This is an event that celebrates the wonderful families that make up our HMM community. Held two times a year (fall & spring) you are invited to come enjoy coffee, breakfast treats, and a little quality time with other HMM families and students.
- Garden Day: This is a day where our community comes together to beautify the school grounds and garden. Held on one Saturday and the fall and spring, we focus on tending our school garden, nature trail, and labyrinth.
- Highland Mill Winter Performance: The whole-school performance is full of singing and dancing and the cutest, most talented kids you'll find anywhere!
- Spring Fest: The whole-school performance is an spring time celebration of art and music!
- Fun Run: This in-school event is our spring time fundraiser where students get sponsored to run laps on school grounds. The more laps run, the larger the funds raised!
- Transition Meeting: Administrators and teachers brief parents on what to expect when students transition from one year to the next.