- Tuesday, November 7, 2017 - Election Day/Bonds referendum vote (early voting started Oct. 19)
- Friday, November 10, 2017 - Holiday - No School (Veterans Day) - no Spirit Day this month due to the holiday
- Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - Spirit Night (more details to come)
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. - Open House at Williams Secondary Montessori
- Thursday, November 16, 2017 - SLT (School Leadership Team) meeting in the library/media center at 8 a.m. and the Annual Thanksgiving Holiday Meal (RSVP by returning the flyer in the Thursday folders by Monday, November 13th)
- Friday, November 17, 2017 - Doughnuts for Dads (more details to come)
IMPACT BLITZ UPDATE!
We still have one week left for the Impact Drive and we are right at 43% of our total goal! We will send several updates this week to keep you informed of our progress. Help our school reach our goal of $10,000.00 Please give today!!!
Donate at: https://impacthmm-giving-campaign-2017-2018.cheddarup.com or scan the code below:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
MONTESSORI MORNINGS & AFTERNOONS PROGRAMS
FRENCH, MANDARIN, SPANISH, KIDS ZUMBA & CHESS
Session 2 runs from the week of Monday, November 13th through the week of Friday, January 19th
LAST DAY to REGISTER is Thursday, November 9th
Morning (Monday) class - Spanish
Morning (Wednesday) class - Chess Club
Morning (Thursday) class - French
Afternoon (Monday) class - Kids Zumba
Afternoon (Friday) class - Mandarin
Class will NOT be held (due to school holidays & teacher workdays) on:
- Wednesday - Friday, November 22nd - 24th
- December 20th - January 2nd
- Monday, January 15th
Visit the link below for more information (pricing, days, etc.) & sign up before all the spaces are filled!
IMPORTANT CMS BONDS ISSUE UP FOR VOTE!
November 7 is election day! There is an important CMS Bonds issue up for vote in this election. Please visit the CMS website for information regarding the bonds.
ATTEND THE SCHOOL LEADERSHIP TEAM (SLT) MEETING!
The next meeting is Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 8 a.m. in the library/media center.
The school leadership team is comprised of school administration, teachers and parents from HMM. It's primary function is to facilitate in the development of the school improvement plan, monitor and assess the implementation of that plan, and make amendments as necessary. The team will help to advance policies and procedures that will enhance achievement and meet educational, safety, and parent involvement goals. Lastly, the group will support decision making efforts by the school and assist in the communication thereof. If you are not sure if your child's classroom has a volunteer, please check with your child's teacher. The school offers childcare in the computer lab during the meeting so that parents may attend.
ALL PARENTS ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND! If you have questions, concerns, suggestions that you would like to address with the HMM staff and administration, these meetings are your opportunity to do that. If you would like to add an item to the agenda for discussion for one of the meetings, please contact Beth Leo at email@example.com. Each classroom also has a room parent as well if you would like to contact them regarding issues about the classroom.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS!
Calling all photographers! We are in the process of updating our website and ask for your patience while the site is under construction. We plan to update the photos on the website and need your help. If you have photos of events at HMM that you would be willing to share, please submit them to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only submit photos that you are willing for us to share on our website and understand there is no guarantee we would use any specific photo. Please submit photos in either jpg or png format with a minimum resolution of 72 ppi and a maximum size of 50 kb.
BUY SPIRIT MERCHANDISE!
Show your school spirit by sporting your Highland Mill Montessori tees, sweatshirts & car magnets! Students are encouraged to wear HMM shirts on the 2nd Friday of each month to show their school spirit. Stock up today!
Purchase at: https://highland-mill-montessori-spirit-merchandise-2017-2018.cheddarup.com or scan the code below:
DONATE TO THE HMM 20TH ANNIVERSARY ORCHARD & BUTTERFLY HIGHWAY!
Thank you to everyone who donated to the 20th Anniversary Celebration Time Capsule. Now we are in phase 2, which is making the dream of a nature trail, orchard, and butterfly highway a reality. Please DONATE to the school's nature trail, orchard, and butterfly highway at https://www.gofundme.com/hmm-20th-anniversary-orchard.
PAINT THE SPIRIT ROCK(S)!
Is it your child's birthday? Have any other reason to celebrate? Paint the spirit rock(s)! It is only $5 to paint one of the rocks and $10 to paint both. Please check the PTA spirit rock calendar to verify the dates you wish to paint the rock are available before you pay. Pay and check the calendar at: https://highland-mill-spirit-rock-2017-2018.cheddarup.com/ or scan the code below and GET CREATIVE:
CHECK OUT WILLIAMS SECONDARY MONTESSORI!
Did you know? Your sixth grader has an automatic feed to Williams Montessori for middle and high school. No need to enter the lottery!
Want to see what happens during a typical school day? Sign up for a Wednesday Walk-through Students will guide you through an introductory Community Meeting as well as take you on a tour of our amazing new campus including several classrooms in action. The visit will end with a Q&A session where students, current parents, and staff members will be available to answer any questions you may have about our amazing school.Open House - Learn more about Secondary Montessori at Open House on November 15 at 6:30 pm at Williams Montessori (2400 Carmine St., Charlotte, NC 28206).
It is not too late if you haven't joined yet. We need your membership and support now more than ever! The cost of an annual membership is $5 (per parent) giving you the opportunity to vote and make your voice heard on important school issues. Only PTA members are able to vote, so make sure you join this year. If you would like to pay by cash or check, please put it in an envelope and drop it in the lockbox on the wall outside of the PTA room. Please list the name of each person joining, each email address and each phone number on the envelope. If you would like to join please click the link below:
or scan the QR code below:
We are always in need of volunteers and it is never too late to volunteer to help in anyway! Volunteers needed on Thursday mornings! We need assistance stuffing Thursday folders beginning at 9:15 a.m. so our families can stay informed on all things HMM! If you can help throughout the year (does not need to be a weekly commitment), please e-mail at: email@example.com. It generally takes less than 90 minutes a week.
** If you would like to use the QR codes provided in this e-mail, there are apps that can be downloaded to your phone which will allow you to use a QR code reader.
SUPPORT HIGHLAND MILL MONTESSORI SCHOOL!
- https://smile.amazon.com/ - Choose Highland Mill Montessori PTA. Amazon will remind you when you shop to check in through Amazon Smile.
- https://www.harristeeter.com/together-in-education#/app/cms - Link your VIC card and don't forget to re-link if you have done it before. Choose Highland Mill Montessori School PTA. You can link up to 5 schools. Our school number is 1929. Knowing the school number can make it easier to link your card.
- https://www.labelsforeducation.com/My-School/Find-Your-School - This program ends January 2, 2018 but there is still time to send in your labels. Because this program ends on January 2, 2018 we need all labels submitted before Winter Break - thank you!!!
- http://www.boxtops4education.com/ You can send the box tops and labels in when you return the Thursday folder each week.
KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST!
- PTA website: http://highlandmillmontessoripta.weebly.com/ - Click the link to see our new look!
- Check out the helpful PTA calendar HERE. If you have a gmail account you can add the HMM PTA calendar to show our events in your personal calendar. Our calendar is a combination of the HMM calendar, CMS calendar, ASEP calendar and our events all in one place!
- Follow us on Facebook - Highland Mill Montessori PTA: https://www.facebook.com/highlandmillmontessori
- We are now back on Twitter (@HMMPTA) - please follow us at https://twitter.com/hmmpta
- Join our Remind101 Mailing List: Text 424.789.8749 with the message @hmmpta
- Please contact us with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org