- Tuesday, Oct. 10 at 10 a.m. - Williams Montessori Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- Thursday, Oct. 12 from 8:15 a.m. - 9 a.m. in the gym - Grandparents' Breakfast
- Friday, Oct. 13 - Spirit Day (students wear their Spirit shirts to school) and New Parent Coffee Chat
COME CHECK OUT WILLIAMS SECONDARY MONTESSORI!
Mark your calendars for October 10th at 10am - the Williams Montessori Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. This event will celebrate the opening of our new campus and the first public Montessori high school in NC. Be there 10/10 at 10!Want to see what happens during a typical school day? Sign up for a Wednesday Walk-through Students will guide you through an introductory Community Meeting as well as take you on a tour of our amazing new campus including several classrooms in action. The visit will end with a Q&A session where students, current parents, and staff members will be available to answer any questions you may have about our amazing school.
Join us for Kid's Camp where Montessori upper elementary students are the campers and the Montessori secondary students are the counselors. In this micro-economy fundraiser the secondary students earn money for their community and the upper el students get a taste of life in the world of secondary Montessori. This will take place on the Oct 30th teacher workday. Sign up coming soon!
Coming soon - learn more about Secondary Montessori at our Prospective Family Open House.
SPEND A SPECIAL MORNING WITH YOUR GRANDCHILD!
Grandparents' Breakfast is on Thursday, October 12 from 8:15 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. in the HMM gym. Enjoy assorted breakfast snacks, coffee, and juice while spending time with your grandchild.
We are always in need of volunteers and it is never too late to volunteer to help in anyway! We currently have a specific need for volunteers to help with the Grandparents' Breakfast on October 12. If interested in volunteering, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DONATE TO THE SILENT AUCTION!
Please donate to our Silent Auction at Fall Festival scheduled for Nov 4th! Own a business? Are you an artist? Craftmaker? Have season tickets to sports or performing arts? All ideas welcome! If you're interested in making a donation of goods or services to support programming for our students and teachers, please email email@example.com to donate TODAY!
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS!
Calling all photographers! We are in the process of updating our website and ask for your patience while the site is under construction. We plan to update the photos on the website and need your help. If you have photos of events at HMM that you would be willing to share, please submit them to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only submit photos that you are willing for us to share on our website and understand there is no guarantee we would use any specific photo. Please submit photos in either jpg or png format with a minimum resolution of 72 ppi and a maximum size of 50 kb.
GIVE TODAY AND #impactHMM!
NO SELLING! Yes, you read that correctly! We are conducting a direct giving campaign instead of fundraising. We ask parents to donate funds rather than sell items. Please share this link with your family, friends, neighbors, etc. and ask them to have an IMPACT on HMM. (All Contributions Are Tax Deductible). Help us reach our goal of $10,000!!! Have you ever asked yourself where the money goes?
Here are just a few examples:
- Popsicles at Open House
- Spring Spectacular
- Fall Festival
- Donuts with Dad
- Muffins with Mom
- Grandparents Day
- 6th grade graduation
- Classroom supplement
- Library supplement
- Training for faculty members
- Specials supplement - supplies for art, music, computer and gym teachers
BUY SPIRIT MERCHANDISE!
Show your school spirit by sporting your Highland Mill Montessori tees, sweatshirts & car magnets! Students are encouraged to wear HMM shirts on the 2nd Friday of each month to show their school spirit. Stock up today!
Purchase at: https://highland-mill-montessori-spirit-merchandise-2017-2018.cheddarup.com or scan the code below:
ATTEND THE SCHOOL LEADERSHIP TEAM (SLT) MEETING!
The school leadership team is comprised of school administration, teachers and parents from HMM. It's primary function is to facilitate in the development of the school improvement plan, monitor and assess the implementation of that plan, and make amendments as necessary. The team will help to advance policies and procedures that will enhance achievement and meet educational, safety, and parent involvement goals. Lastly, the group will support decision making efforts by the school and assist in the communication thereof. If you are not sure if your child's classroom has a volunteer, please check with your child's teacher. Upcoming meeting schedule:
October 19, 2017
November 16, 2017
December 14, 2017
January 18, 2018
February 15, 2018
March 15, 2018
April 19, 2018
May 17, 2018
All meetings are on a Thursday at 8 a.m. in the library/media center. The school offers childcare in the computer lab during the meeting so that parents may attend.
ALL PARENTS ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND! If you have questions, concerns, suggestions that you would like to address with the HMM staff and administration, these meetings are your opportunity to do that. If you would like to add an item to the agenda for discussion for one of the meetings, please contact Beth Leo email@example.com. Each classroom has a room parent as well if you would like to contact them regarding issues about the classroom.
DONATE TO THE HMM 20TH ANNIVERSARY ORCHARD & BUTTERFLY HIGHWAY!
Thank you to everyone who donated to the 20th Anniversary Celebration Time Capsule. Now we are in phase 2, which is making the dream of a nature trail, orchard, and butterfly highway a reality. Please DONATE to the school's nature trail, orchard, and butterfly highway at https://www.gofundme.com/hmm-20th-anniversary-orchard.
PAINT THE SPIRIT ROCK(S)!
Is it your child's birthday? Have any other reason to celebrate? Paint the spirit rock(s)! It is only $5 to paint one of the rocks and $10 to paint both. Please check the PTA spirit rock calendar to verify the dates you wish to paint the rock are available before you pay. Pay and check the calendar at: https://highland-mill-spirit-rock-2017-2018.cheddarup.com/ or scan the code below and GET CREATIVE:
It is not too late if you haven't joined yet. We need your membership and support now more than ever! The cost of an annual membership is $5 (per parent) giving you the opportunity to vote and make your voice heard on important school issues. Only PTA members are able to vote, so make sure you join this year. If you would like to join please click the link below:
or scan the QR code below:
** If you would like to use the QR codes provided in this e-mail, there are apps that can be downloaded to your phone which will allow you to use a QR code reader.
SUPPORT HIGHLAND MILL MONTESSORI SCHOOL!
- https://smile.amazon.com/ - Choose Highland Mill Montessori PTA. Amazon will remind you when you shop to check in through Amazon Smile.
- https://www.harristeeter.com/together-in-education#/app/cms - Link your VIC card and don't forget to re-link if you have done it before. Choose Highland Mill Montessori School PTA. You can link up to 5 schools.
- https://www.labelsforeducation.com/My-School/Find-Your-School - This program ends January 2, 2018 but there is still time to send in your labels.
- http://www.boxtops4education.com/ You can send the box tops and labels in when you return the Thursday folder each week.
KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST!
- PTA website: http://highlandmillmontessoripta.weebly.com/ - UPDATES COMING SOON!
- Check out the helpful PTA calendar HERE. If you have a gmail account you can add the HMM PTA calendar to show our events in your personal calendar. Our calendar is a combination of the HMM calendar, CMS calendar, ASEP calendar and our events all in one place!
- Follow us on Facebook - Highland Mill Montessori PTA: https://www.facebook.com/highlandmillmontessori
- We are now back on Twitter (@HMMPTA) - please follow us at https://twitter.com/hmmpta
- Join our Remind101 Mailing List: Text 424.789.8749 with the message @hmmpta
- Please contact us with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org