- Monday, October 23, 2017 - Team Up Against Drugs - wear your favorite team jersey!
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017 - Family Reading Night from 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. in the library/media center and National Family Drug Free Pledge Day
- Wednesday, October 25, 2017 - 1st Spirit Night from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. at Hawthorne's New York Pizza and Bar on 7th Street and Hawthorne's Pizza in Highland Creek (2 locations!) and "Sock it to Drugs" Day - wear Red Socks to school.
- Friday, October 27, 2017 - Dress Down Day (Students do not have to wear uniforms to school) and RED Shirt Day for Red Ribbon Week
- Monday, October 30, 2017 - Teacher Workday(school closed for students)/ASEP open and Kids' Camp at Williams Secondary Montessori
- Friday, November 3, 2017 from 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. - Open House for Prospective Families
- Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 11 a.m. - 3 pm. - Fall Festival and Silent Auction
Donate at: https://impacthmm-giving-campaign-2017-2018.cheddarup.com or scan the code below:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our 1st Spirit Night is on Wednesday, October 25, 2017 from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. at Hawthorne's New York and Pizza Bar on 7th Street and Hawthorne's Pizza in Highland Creek (2 locations!). No time to cook? Would you like to spend some time with other HMM families? Would you like to raise money for the school? Come eat with us! The school will receive 15% of all sales made from our families. Be sure to tell them you are with HMM!
HAVE FUN AT FALL FESTIVAL!
Fall Festival is near!! Fall Festival and the Silent Auction will be held on Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. at HMMS (rain or shine). Please donate to our Silent Auction at Fall Festival! Own a business? Are you an artist? Craftmaker? Have season tickets to sports or performing arts? All ideas welcome! If you're interested in making a donation of goods or services to support programming for our students and teachers, please email email@example.com to donate TODAY!
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS!
Calling all photographers! We are in the process of updating our website and ask for your patience while the site is under construction. We plan to update the photos on the website and need your help. If you have photos of events at HMM that you would be willing to share, please submit them to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please only submit photos that you are willing for us to share on our website and understand there is no guarantee we would use any specific photo.
BUY SPIRIT MERCHANDISE!
Show your school spirit by sporting your Highland Mill Montessori tees, sweatshirts & car magnets! Students are encouraged to wear HMM shirts on the 2nd Friday of each month to show their school spirit. Stock up today!
Purchase at: https://highland-mill-montessori-spirit-merchandise-2017-2018.cheddarup.com or scan the code below:
DONATE TO THE HMM 20TH ANNIVERSARY ORCHARD & BUTTERFLY HIGHWAY!
Thank you to everyone who donated to the 20th Anniversary Celebration Time Capsule. Now we are in phase 2, which is making the dream of a nature trail, orchard, and butterfly highway a reality. Please DONATE to the school's nature trail, orchard, and butterfly highway at https://www.gofundme.com/hmm-20th-anniversary-orchard.
PAINT THE SPIRIT ROCK(S)!
Is it your child's birthday? Have any other reason to celebrate? Paint the spirit rock(s)! It is only $5 to paint one of the rocks and $10 to paint both. Please check the PTA spirit rock calendar to verify the dates you wish to paint the rock are available before you pay. Pay and check the calendar at: https://highland-mill-spirit-rock-2017-2018.cheddarup.com/ or scan the code below and GET CREATIVE:
CHECK OUT WILLIAMS SECONDARY MONTESSORI!
Did you know? Your sixth grader has an automatic feed to Williams Montessori for middle and high school. No need to enter the lottery!
Want to see what happens during a typical school day? Sign up for a Wednesday Walk-through Students will guide you through an introductory Community Meeting as well as take you on a tour of our amazing new campus including several classrooms in action. The visit will end with a Q&A session where students, current parents, and staff members will be available to answer any questions you may have about our amazing school.Have you decided how your children will spend the next teacher work day? Mark your calendars for Kid's Camp at Williams Montessori, located at 2400 Carmine Street, on October 30th, from 8:45-4:30. Cost is $45. This event is for all CMS Montessori Upper Elementary students. Not only is it a great introduction to some of the components of Secondary Montessori on our new campus, it is also a great way to meet new and old friends from the Montessori community. In addition, you will be supporting the Secondary Montessori students as they work as camp counselors to earn funding for their school community.
Register and pay here*:
https://kids-camp-fall-2017-jt-williams.cheddarup.com. Deadline to sign up is October 23rd. If you have any questions please contact Kid's Camp organizers: Dara Whittle at email@example.com or Shea Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is not too late if you haven't joined yet. We need your membership and support now more than ever! The cost of an annual membership is $5 (per parent) giving you the opportunity to vote and make your voice heard on important school issues. Only PTA members are able to vote, so make sure you join this year. If you would like to pay by cash or check, please put it in an envelope and drop it in the lockbox on the wall outside of the PTA room. Please list the name of each person joining, their email address and phone number on the envelope. If you would like to pay online please click the link below:
or scan the QR code below:
We are always in need of volunteers and it is never too late to volunteer to help in anyway! Volunteers needed on Thursday mornings! We need assistance stuffing Thursdayfolders beginning at 9:15 a.m. so our families can stay informed on all things HMM! If you can help throughout the year (does not need to be a weekly commitment), please email highlandmillmontessoriPTA@gmail.com. It generally takes less than 90 minutes each week.
IMPORTANT CMS BONDS ISSUE UP FOR VOTE!
November 7 is election day! There is an important CMS Bonds issue up for vote in this election. Please visit the CMS website for information regarding the bonds.
** If you would like to use the QR codes provided in this e-mail, there are apps that can be downloaded to your phone which will allow you to use a QR code reader.
SUPPORT HIGHLAND MILL MONTESSORI SCHOOL!
- https://smile.amazon.com/ - Choose Highland Mill Montessori PTA. Amazon will remind you when you shop to check in through Amazon Smile.
- https://www.harristeeter.com/together-in-education#/app/cms - Link your VIC card and don't forget to re-link if you have done it before. Choose Highland Mill Montessori School PTA. You can link up to 5 schools.
Your VIC card must be linked to a Together in Education code for your school to earn. Check your Harris Teeter receipt to see if you are linked.
A school must have a minimum of $18.00 to receive a check. Checks will be cut separately for the school from the payout period.
Shop ExpressLane to help your school earn more.Link your VIC card to a Together in Education school between Wednesday, September 6 and Tuesday, October 31. Spend $100 shopping with the Harris Teeter Express Lane in a single visit each week for five weeks out of the eight week time period and your linked school will earn $50.
If you are linked to more than one school, the $50 will be split among the schools to which you are linked. One VIC card can be linked up to 5 schools.
Note, a school must earn at least $25 to receive a check.
- https://www.labelsforeducation.com/My-School/Find-Your-School - This program ends January 2, 2018 but there is still time to send in your labels.
- http://www.boxtops4education.com/ You can send the box tops and labels in when you return the Thursday folder each week. SWEEPSTAKES: Enter to win 1 million eBox Tops for your school - https://www.1millionboxtops.com/ and Monsters Cereal Madness Sweepstakes (ends Oct. 31) https://www.boxtops4education.com/earn/sweepstakes .
KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST!
- PTA website: http://highlandmillmontessoripta.weebly.com/ - UPDATES COMING SOON!
- Check out the helpful PTA calendar HERE. If you have a gmail account you can add the HMM PTA calendar to show our events in your personal calendar. Our calendar is a combination of the HMM calendar, CMS calendar, ASEP calendar and our events all in one place!
- Follow us on Facebook - Highland Mill Montessori PTA: https://www.facebook.com/highlandmillmontessori
- We are now back on Twitter (@HMMPTA) - please follow us at https://twitter.com/hmmpta
- Join our Remind101 Mailing List: Text 424.789.8749 with the message @hmmpta
- Please contact us with any questions or concerns at email@example.com