- Beginning Monday, October 9, 2017 - parents can now visit the school and have lunch with students
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017 at 10 a.m. - Williams Secondary Montessori Ribbon Cutting and the deadline to order UNCC football game tickets - there will be a box in the mailroom for orders/checks
- Thursday, October 12, 2017 from 8:15 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Grandparents' Breakfast in the HMM gym and Open House at 6:30 p.m.at the Williams Secondary Montessori Campus.
- Friday, October 13, 2017 - New Parent Coffee Chat from 9:15 a.m. - 9:45 a.m. in the library/media center and Spirit Day (students may wear their Spirit shirts to school)
- Wednesday, October 18, 2017 - Early Release Day (dismissal at 1 p.m./ASEP operates 3 hours early in the afternoon)
- Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 8 a.m. - School Leadership Team (SLT) Meeting in the library/media center
- Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 6:30 p.m. - UNCC Football Game
It is not too late if you haven't joined yet.
There is a friendly competition amongst all of the PTAs within CMS. The school with the highest percentage increase of PTA membership will win a full day of onsite service and support from Dr. Wilcox, CMS Superintendent, and his staff at their school!! The competition ends on October 15th and the winner will be announced on October 31st. If you plan to join the PTA and you have not had a chance to do so, please join now!!! You can join online by clicking the link or scanning the QR code within this e-bulletin. If you would like to pay by cash or check, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to connect with you. Let’s show CMS that we can do it!!!”
or scan the QR code below:
SPEND A SPECIAL MORNING WITH YOUR GRANDCHILD!
Grandparents' Breakfast is on Thursday, October 12 from 8:15 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.inthe HMM gym. Enjoy assorted breakfast snacks, coffee, and juice while spending time with your grandchild.
We are always in need of volunteers and it is never too late to volunteer to help in anyway! We currently have a specific need for volunteers to help with the Grandparents' Breakfast on October 12. If interested in volunteering, please contact us at: email@example.com.
DONATE TO THE SILENT AUCTION!
Fall Festival is near!! Fall Festival and the Silent Auction will be held onSaturday, November 4, 2017 from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. at HMMS (rain or shine). Please donate to our Silent Auction at Fall Festival! Own a business? Are you an artist? Craftmaker? Have season tickets to sports or performing arts? All ideas welcome! If you're interested in making a donation of goods or services to support programming for our students and teachers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to donate TODAY!
CELEBRATE, LEARN, HAVE FUN AT WILLIAMS SECONDARY MONTESSORI!
Please come on October 10th at 10am to the Williams Montessori Ribbon Cutting Ceremony. Superintendent Clayton Wilcox and CMS School Board Member Ruby Jones will be in attendance to help celebrate the opening of our new campus and the first public Montessori high school in NC. Refreshments provided. Be there 10/10 at 10!***
Want to see what happens during a typical school day? Sign up for a Wednesday Walk-through Students will guide you through an introductory Community Meeting as well as take you on a tour of our amazing new campus including several classrooms in action. The visit will end with a Q&A session where students, current parents, and staff members will be available to answer any questions you may have about our amazing school.
Learn more about Secondary Montessori at a Prospective Family Open House. Our first Open House will be October 12 at 6:30 pm at the Williams Montessori campus.
Have you decided how your children will spend the next teacher work day? Mark your calendars for Kid's Camp at Williams Montessori, located at 2400 Carmine Street, on October 30th, from 8:45-4:30. Cost is $45. This event is for all CMS Montessori Upper Elementary students. Not only is it a great introduction to some of the components of Secondary Montessori on our new campus, it is also a great way to meet new and old friends from the Montessori community. In addition, you will be supporting the Secondary Montessori students as they work as camp counselors to earn funding for their school community.
Register and pay here*:
https://kids-camp-fall-2017-jt-williams.cheddarup.com. Deadline to sign up is October 23rd. If you have any questions please contact Kid's Camp organizers: Dara Whittle at email@example.com or Shea Chambers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMIT YOUR PHOTOS!
Calling all photographers! We are in the process of updating our website and ask for your patience while the site is under construction. We plan to update the photos on the website and need your help. If you have photos of events at HMM that you would be willing to share, please submit them to us by email at email@example.com. Please only submit photos that you are willing for us to share on our website and understand there is no guarantee we would use any specific photo. Please submit photos in either jpg or png format with a minimum resolution of 72 ppi and a maximum size of 50 kb.
GIVE TODAY AND #impactHMM!
NO SELLING! Yes, you read that correctly! We are conducting a direct giving campaign instead of fundraising. We ask parents to donate funds rather than sell items. Please share this link with your family, friends, neighbors, etc. and ask them to have an IMPACT on HMM. (All Contributions Are Tax Deductible). Help us reach our goal of $10,000!!! Have you ever asked yourself where the money goes?
Here are just a few examples:
- Popsicles at Open House
- Spring Spectacular
- Fall Festival
- Donuts with Dad
- Muffins with Mom
- Grandparents Day
- 6th grade graduation
- Classroom supplement
- Library supplement
- Training for faculty members
- Specials supplement - supplies for art, music, computer and gym teachers
BUY SPIRIT MERCHANDISE!
Show your school spirit by sporting your Highland Mill Montessori tees, sweatshirts & car magnets! Students are encouraged to wear HMM shirts on the 2nd Friday of each month to show their school spirit. Stock up today!
Purchase at: https://highland-mill-montessori-spirit-merchandise-2017-2018.cheddarup.com or scan the code below:
ATTEND THE SCHOOL LEADERSHIP TEAM (SLT) MEETING!
The school leadership team is comprised of school administration, teachers and parents from HMM. It's primary function is to facilitate in the development of the school improvement plan, monitor and assess the implementation of that plan, and make amendments as necessary. The team will help to advance policies and procedures that will enhance achievement and meet educational, safety, and parent involvement goals. Lastly, the group will support decision making efforts by the school and assist in the communication thereof. If you are not sure if your child's classroom has a volunteer, please check with your child's teacher. Upcoming meeting schedule:
October 19, 2017
November 16, 2017
December 14, 2017
January 18, 2018
February 15, 2018
March 15, 2018
April 19, 2018
May 17, 2018
All meetings are on a Thursday at 8 a.m. in the library/media center. The school offers childcare in the computer lab during the meeting so that parents may attend.
ALL PARENTS ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND! If you have questions, concerns, suggestions that you would like to address with the HMM staff and administration, these meetings are your opportunity to do that. If you would like to add an item to the agenda for discussion for one of the meetings, please contact Beth Leo firstname.lastname@example.org. Each classroom has a room parent as well if you would like to contact them regarding issues about the classroom.
DONATE TO THE HMM 20TH ANNIVERSARY ORCHARD & BUTTERFLY HIGHWAY!
Thank you to everyone who donated to the 20th Anniversary Celebration Time Capsule. Now we are in phase 2, which is making the dream of a nature trail, orchard, and butterfly highway a reality. Please DONATE to the school's nature trail, orchard, and butterfly highway at https://www.gofundme.com/hmm-20th-anniversary-orchard.
PAINT THE SPIRIT ROCK(S)!
Is it your child's birthday? Have any other reason to celebrate? Paint the spirit rock(s)! It is only $5 to paint one of the rocks and $10 to paint both. Please check the PTA spirit rock calendar to verify the dates you wish to paint the rock are available before you pay. Pay and check the calendar at: https://highland-mill-spirit-rock-2017-2018.cheddarup.com/ or scan the code below and GET CREATIVE:
** If you would like to use the QR codes provided in this e-mail, there are apps that can be downloaded to your phone which will allow you to use a QR code reader.
SUPPORT HIGHLAND MILL MONTESSORI SCHOOL!
- https://smile.amazon.com/ - Choose Highland Mill Montessori PTA. Amazon will remind you when you shop to check in through Amazon Smile.
- https://www.harristeeter.com/together-in-education#/app/cms - Link your VIC card and don't forget to re-link if you have done it before. Choose Highland Mill Montessori School PTA. You can link up to 5 schools.
- https://www.labelsforeducation.com/My-School/Find-Your-School - This program ends January 2, 2018 but there is still time to send in your labels.
- http://www.boxtops4education.com/ You can send the box tops and labels in when you return the Thursday folder each week.
KEEP UP WITH THE LATEST!
- Click HERE for the PTA website: http://highlandmillmontessoripta.weebly.com/ - UPDATES COMING SOON!
- Check out the helpful PTA calendar HERE. If you have a gmail account you can add the HMM PTA calendar to show our events in your personal calendar. Our calendar is a combination of the HMM calendar, CMS calendar, ASEP calendar and our events all in one place!
- Follow us on Facebook - Highland Mill Montessori PTA: https://www.facebook.com/highlandmillmontessori
- We are now back on Twitter (@HMMPTA) - please follow us at https://twitter.com/hmmpta
- Join our Remind101 Mailing List: Text 424.789.8749 with the message @hmmpta
- Please contact us with any questions or concerns at email@example.com